1. Take a magnesium supplement daily, ideally in a bisglycinate (amino acid chelate) or citrate form for increased bioavailability.
2. Include a breathing exercise in your daily routine, ideally before meals and at times of increased stress. Example – breathe in for a count of 4, hold for a count of 7 and exhale slowly for a count of 8.
3. Have an Epsom salt bath or footbath as often as you can, this allows transdermal absorption of magnesium.
4. Do ‘Legs up the Wall’ (Viparita Karani) yoga pose each night before bedtime, or at any time you feel anxious or stressed. https://www.yogaoutlet.com/guides/how-to-do-legs-up-the-wall-in-yoga
5. Increase your daily intake of whole foods, especially green and coloured vegetables. Aim for a rainbow at every meal.
(Image Source: Whole Lotta LIFE Foundation)